This week I thought I'd do something different. I had the opportunity to do open mic stand up comedy at Wiseguys Comedy and it went surprisingly well. Of course, had it gone poorly, you would have never heard about it. What's even greater than me writing about the experience is you seeing for yourself. Thanks goes to my dad for filming, despite the oppressive, forbidding signs (that's mainly for big acts anyway).
As I continually pursue voice acting as a hobby, various self-prescribed scope-building activities have come to the fore. I've enjoyed watching stand up comedy for a long damn time, but never thought I'd find myself on stage. Ultimately, it was the support of a dear friend, who had done improv for years, that cemented my decision to give the attempt.
As she lamentably passed away before having the opportunity to witness her encouragement come to fruition, I'm dedicating this piece and my act to her.

No comments:
Post a Comment