Saturday, April 22, 2017

In the New Boulangerie



At long last, I'm settled in my new apartment! I've already made a habit of walking to the nearby grocery and strolling around the surrounding blocks. The liveliness is palpable and I'm so eager to explore.

It took some work; everyone knows moving is a pain. My last move comprised of very little volume followed by weeks of building IKEA furniture from ground zero. It was a big, empty space I couldn't fill, and there’s a bitter-sweetness to leaving it. This time around, there was plenty of furniture to stuff into a trailer, haul to an elevator and Tetris into the rooms.

Despite the hustle and bustle of the city, I haven't slept this well in months. I love that so much culture and essence is now within walking distance. I had the evening to myself on Friday, so I went to a theater I’ll be visiting often, Broadway Centre Theatre. I saw Cezanne et Moi and enjoyed it quite a lot. While it was entirely in French, I had gracefully deceptive subtitles to fill in the ~20% I missed. I then concluded my evening at Stanza Italian Bistro and Wine Bar. I had a red mix of three names I asked the bartender to repeat at least twice and still forgot. Though I do recall it was bitter, yet light and fruit-forward. The people I interact with every time I leave my apartment validates why I’m here.

I can't wait for what comes next.

So, without further ado and in true HGTV style, I present the apartment.


It all felt so fast, finding this place, touring, signing.. before I knew it, I had the keys. But it felt right.


I'm sure dozens of very amateur meals will be prepared here.


Celebratory wine for a kitchen no longer littered with boxes, paper towels and utensils.


Very spacious, and I love my balcony. This time, I will actually get around to getting outdoor furniture.


Thanking my uncle for the setup suggestion on this one!


Speaking of balconies...


I felt this captured the essence of the apartment's size. Really profound photography right here.


I love my Harley Quinn print! Also, this damn bed frame had to be completely dissembled to move. Which meant staying up till 1 putting it back together.


The view I waited for all moving day. Having been obstructed by other buildings for a year, it's great to peer out.

More adventures await!

No comments:

Post a Comment